Almost four years after his first foray into unfamiliar concert territory with his highly-acclaimed Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour, “Weird Al” Yankovic is pressing his luck again, this time with The Unfortunate Return of the Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour. The tour marks Weird Al’s long-anticipated return to the concert stage after his hugely successful Strings Attached Tour in 2019 where he performed each night alongside a full symphony orchestra.
Once again drawing from his back catalogue of 14 studio albums, Weird Al promises to deliver a different set list every night, with no two shows the same. As before, rather than focusing on the hits from his career, the show will feature Yankovic’s non-parody material – the somewhat more obscure pastiches and original songs that have largely escaped the pop culture radar but are adored by his long-time fans. And like the last Vanity Tour, he is leaving behind the high-octane theatrics that he’s known for and going bare-bones – no costumes, no props, no video screens… just Al and his band of almost four decades in smaller, more intimate venues, hanging out on stage, playing music.
Miss the pre-sale? Don't be left out again!
Sign up for our Email Club by clicking here.
Covid-19 Requirements for Event Attendees: The UIS Performing Arts Center is requiring ALL event attendees regardless of age to show ONE of the following prior to admission:
1. Proof of a negative Covid-19 test result from a test taken within the two days prior to the event. UIS provides FREE saliva-based Covid-19 testing for all ages but a negative result from any valid testing site will do. Testing is not available when you arrive for an event.
2. OR proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including 2 weeks passing since final injection).
Face masks are required to be worn at all events during periods the CDC designates Sangamon County’s Covid transmission levels as “Substantial/High.”
Please consult our Covid-19 Updates webpage prior to attending any event at the UIS Performing Arts Center. If any event cannot proceed due to COVID safety measures in force on event day, ticket holders will be offered a full refund.
Event Parking Fee: All visitors to the UIS campus including UIS Performing Arts Center event attendees are now required to pay a parking fee. Event Parking is $5/cash only and collected as you enter the parking lot. More information available at UISpac.com/parking.
Weapons Screening Notice: At some events, all persons entering the UIS Performing Arts Center or Public Affairs Building will be required to pass through Weapons Screening checkpoints to gain entry. Weapons are prohibited by law on the UIS campus (Illinois State Statute 7201LCS 5/21-6). This includes guns, knives with blades of 3” or more, switchblade knives, stun guns, tasers, metal knuckles, etc. Please keep this in mind as you purchase your event tickets. Refunds will not be provided due to a refusal to comply with the Weapons Screening procedures and thus being denied entry into the building.
Orchestra First 3 Rows - $89
Orchestra - $89
Loge - $69
Mezzanine Front - $69
Mezzanine Back - $59
Balcony Front - $59
Balcony Back - $39
$329 per package, includes:
One (1) Premium Reserved ticket in the first (15) rows, plus:
• Meet & Greet with Weird Al after the show with a photo opportunity
• Personally autographed, custom-designed 2022 Vanity Tour poster, exclusive to VIPs!
• Be a part of Weird Al Jeopardy! – a Pre-Concert Game Show Experience challenging people to the ultimate Weird Al trivia contest. Register for the chance to be a contestant, or just play along from the audience (Shhh! No shouting answers!)
• Pre-show Hang with fellow fans - including complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
• Collectible Weird Al Merchandise item
• Souvenir VIP Laminate
• Early Entry into the venue
• Crowd-Free Merchandise Shopping
• On-site VIP host